Every week, I witness students and training clients find little victories and milestones that prove their fitness is becoming a lifestyle rather than a fad - whether it's doing an extra 5 pushups without stopping or adding a second bootcamp to their weekly exercise regimen.
It got me thinking about the many "signs" that so many of you are moving from couch potato or junk food lover to "Badass Army Recruit." Here's my Top 10 list, which will have a place on my fridge as a constant reminder and smile. And I can't wait to hear some of your top 10's!
Top 10 Signs You're a Badass ...
1. You hear "burpee" and know it's not about rude noises - well, other than the curse words you utter as you do that 12th burpee in a row.
2. Your dreams include: being late to bootcamp, hanging off a cliff from a TRX strap, meeting the Japanese researcher who created Tabata, or seeking revenge on this Badass Fitness CEO after a particularly challenging class ;)
3. When you go to the grocery store, you print out the "Badass Pantry" list.
4. You get antsy if you miss a couple days of workouts, and - imagine this - look forward to the return.
5. You start counting everything in sets of "8 more reps."
6. Your smartphone apps include Fooducate, a Tabata timer, and/or MyFitnessPal.
7. Your co-workers know better than to offer you the cookies they brought in from home.
8. Your recent purchases include: new kicks, whey protein, flaxseed, organic anything, a gym membership, a race registration, cycling shorts, etc.
9. When you travel, your overnight bag includes a printout of workouts you can do in your hotel room. And after you do it, you email or message me to say you did :)
10. When pondering dessert or junk food, you think, "How many Tabatas would I have to do to work that off?"
Coming this week: A fellow recruit loses a pound for every year of her life, and finds her inner Badass!