Combination moves that work multiple muscle groups and get your heart rate up are a great way to make the most of your workout window, no matter how small or limited.
My latest fave is the "Dead Man's Crawl," which combines a plank row with part of a burpee and weighted jump squats. Two of my clients kindly demo'd the move earlier this week, as you see in the video below. They learned quickly why I only had them doing 10 reps at a time.
The Move: Dead Man's Crawl
Muscles worked: Back, shoulders, core, legs
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Get into a plank position, hands under shoulders.
- Row on the right side, row on the left side.
- Bring your hands, with the weights, together, while in the plank position.
- Hop your legs up toward your chest and stand up. (Variation: Just walk your legs up, as seen in the second video below)
- Do three jump squats while holding the weights.
- That's one rep. Do 9 more.